Best WordPress Push Notifications Plugin 2019
WePushNotifications.com is world's most trusted and quoted guide on WordPress Plugins for Push Notifications. If you are looking to integrate web push into your WordPress Site, you have landed on just the right page. In the next few minutes, we will take you through a comprehensively ranked list of world's best WordPress Plugins for Push Notifications.
We have a detailed comparison table on this page (down below) that shows top WordPress Plugins for Web Push Notifications. Before you look at the table to select the best WordPress plugin for your site, we recommend that you try out our demo inside the dialpad on this page to see how push notifications work.
We rigorously lab test all push notification plugins for Wordpress to continuously update our ranking and comparison chart. We not only look at functionality & ease of integration - but also pricing and overall customer sentiment for the purpose of our ranking.
Our Top Ranked WordPress Plugin for Push Notifications: Webpushr
Of all available plugins, our top recommendation is Webpushr Web Push Notifications Plugin.
Webpushr is the new standard in web push notifications. With Webpushr, you can send web push notifications to your site visitors across all browsers. Your visitors receive these notifications even when they are not on your site. It only takes a few minutes to install. Both HTTP & HTTPS WordPress sites are supported.
Once you have set it up, your site visitors will start seeing opt-in message to receive web push notifications from you. Once they have opted in, you can send them push messages anytime you want.
You can configure the plugin to automatically send push notification to your subscribers any time you publish a new post. You can also also view your subscriber count and useful user reports (such as browser & device type) right from the plugin – and for completely free without any limits.
- Supports Chrome (Desktop & Android), Safari (Mac OS X), Microsoft Edge (Desktop & Android), Opera (Desktop & Android) and Firefox (Desktop & Android) web browsers.
- Automatic Notifications – Automatically send notifications to visitors every time you publish a new post.
- Subscriber Stats – You can see a summarized dashboard view of your subscribers inside the plugin. The dashboard shows total subscriber count, device type, OS type & Opt-in rate.
- User Segmentation – Divide your audience into segments based on geo locations, interests, page visits, custom attributes & custom events to send highly personalized push notifications.
- Subscriber Data Enhancement – Add your CRM data such as e-mail, phone number, full name to each subscriber. This enables you to send push messages to a specific user.
- Event-Triggered Notifications – Automatically send a pre-defined notification when an event (such as a new sign-up or purchase) on your site is triggered.
- Opt-In Prompt Customization – You can configure when and how to ask your site visitors to opt-in to web push notifications. You can also customize the prompt styling. We offer multiple styles to choose from.
- Scheduled Notifications – You can schedule notifications to be sent at a later time.
- Emoji & Large Image Support – You can make your messages more engaging and “clickable” by adding emojis & images.
OneSignal WordPress Plugin
OneSignal is an easy way to increase user engagement. Use OneSignal to send visitors targeted push notifications so they keep coming back. It takes just a few minutes to install.
After setup, your visitors opt-in to receive push notifications when you publish a new post. Visitors receive these notifications even after they’ve left your website, thus driving re-engagement.
You can configure notification delivery at preset intervals, create user segments, and customize the opt-in process for visitors.
OneSignal’s free plan allows targeting up to 30,000 subscribers with push notifications. It is therefore NOT free.
PushCrew WordPress Plugin
PushCrew (VWO Engage) is more expensive than both Webpushr & OneSignal and ranked third based on our ranking criteria.
PushCrew lets you talk to your subscribers in a succinct, easy and delightful manner, using push notifications on browser. Push Notifications are clickable messages sent directly to your subscribers’ browsers (even when they are not on your website). These work on all devices — desktops, tablets and even mobile phones — so you don’t even have to invest in building a mobile app for your business. The opt-in and click rates are amazing! Some of our early adopters have seen an opt-in rate of 40% (10X the rate at which an average email list builds, and 20X the rate at which an average Twitter list populates) and a click rate of 20%. Of course, you get to see all this data, right in your PushCrew dashboard, updated real-time.
Why did we pick 50K subscribers as reference for cost comparison?
Based on our research, we believe that 50K represents the average subscriber count for most websites that use web push notifications today. Although OneSignal offers a free pricing tier, we decided to ignore it as most customers will surpass that limit in less than 12 months. We therefore recommend that you consider cost at 50K subscriber for any budgetary planning purposes